Monday, August 3, 2015

Big Game Now Is Frowned Upon

When did this happen?  A Safari Used to be so Popular.  The goal of so many upwardly mobile couples from the 1960s, 70s, 80s, 90s.

  

Not sure here, since African safaris, Canadian Caribou hunts, Scottish Aquasour hunts have always been the norm for able-bodied men.  "You been to the Arctic seal hunt yet?"

Bear hunts- too, for goodness sake~!  Not to mention good ole, Southern Coon hunts.

Environmentalists pee their pants at the notion of killing game, because they only claim themselves as the keepers of the worlds' menageries of wild, tasty animals.  And they have gone too far~! Without hunts, culls, the animals starve, get diseased and likely pass on their diseases to their young.

They must not remember that their daddies, or grand-daddies killed game for food, or for blankets, either way for warmth, for them probably.   One of my earliest memories from my little-boy-hood is of my buckskin deer bedspread, all furry and brown, white, and grey and hairy, later molting, 
which my father killed for me to keep warm at night.
I know that I'm not alone, with memories like this either.

My first kills and pelts were beavers and racoons, when I was about 9 years old.  Since becoming a young Indian boy, I've killed & skinned rabbits, a skunk, a possum, two feral hogs and lots of deer;   
A young man needs to know this skill, like gutting fish, in order to feed his family, whether his offspring or his brethern, a skill which is necessary.

No comments: