Monday, December 7, 2015

'Coon Tallow


The following is a little phrase/song composed by me and my cousin SuzieQ  about 20 years ago, and sung to the melody of "Moon Shadow", by Cat Stevens.  Please enjoy reading one of my superlative memories of her and me, as you play the video, and substitute our words for his.



Well, I'm out looking for some Coon Tallow
Coon Tallow, Coon Tallow~!
Leticia's a-cooking, and needs Coon Tallow--

Coon Tallow, Coon Tallow~!

And if I can jus' find her some, from road kill, from some store,
or even if I have to hunt, Heeeaahh, heeeahh, I won't have to starve no more.

Cause she'll fry me some Coon Fry Bread, And that's good bread,
-b'cause we're Red,
And if she'll fry me some Coon Fry Bread, Heeeaahh, heeeahh, I won't have to starve no more.

Say, I'm in the market for some Coon Tallow.  Coon Tallow, Coon Tallow~!
Leapin' and hoppin' for some Coon Tallow,
Coon Tallow, Coon Tallow.

But if I don't get some Fry Bread, no I won't cuss, no I won't beg, 
But if I don't get me some damn Fry Bread,  Heeeaahh, heeeahh,
I won't be So nice no more.

So I'm out looking for some Coon Tallow.  Coon Tallow, Coon Tallow~!
Cause if I ever lose my cool-- Get Red hott-- Be mean and cruel
I won't be so nice __ ____.

IT DIDN'T TAKE SO LONG TO FIND SOME!! 
I KNEW THAT I WOULD COME THROUGH
IT DIDN'T TAKE SO LONG TO FIND SOME!! 

I KNEW THAT I WOULD COME THROUGH

SO now I'm coming home and bringing Coon Tallow, Coon Tallow~!
Didn't take that long to find greasy Coon Tallow to use. Heeeaahh

I've been hunting for some Coon Tallow.  Coon Tallow, Coon Tallow.

"Coon Tallow"  copyright LMC
AND IN CASE YOU THINK I'M KIDDING HERE,
CHECK OUT THIS HOMESTEADING FORUM'S TOPIC
Or this YouTube video on Coon Tallow lamps

No comments: