Monday, February 22, 2016

That Familiar Frustration, Revisited

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

YOU END THE CELEBRATED, MOST-ANTICIPATED RENEWAL OF A GREAT TV SERIES

LIKE THAT?  

Again??  I need a cigarette.



At 7:30, I'm thinking that this must be a 2-hour series finale.  Me, squirming around in the floor, my fingers and my toes stretching and clenching, so excited, so excited to have been able to watch >even< just six more Fox episodes of my favourite TV show, "The X-Files", after soo many years.

This series was always about Agent Dana Scully, and how she would save Mulder, the FBI, America, herself, the solar system, and you the TV viewer.  

Tonight, we saw her begin to save the world...
in less than the final 4 minutes, for God's sake.
~ all while on a 4-lane bridge, outside Spartanburg, South Carolina, in British Colombia. Under a triangle UFO.

It is now widel`y reported on the Interweb that when you play the X-Files themesong backwards,
it says "Fox is dead, Fox is dead, Fox is dead...."

With this fizzle of a series finale, I WANT TO BELIEVE. that it is dead.

No comments: