Monday, December 19, 2016

It's A Sing-Along in America




Donald Trump is officially elected President of the United States of America today, by the Electoral College
voters in the 50 states.

While there are many protesters who made their faint voices heard in state capitols, it did not matter; Trump is going to become the 45th President.

But I want to tell a quick, little story about the
above "Happy Days are Here Again" video:
In 2012, when it appeared that Mitt Romney was a lead-pipe cinch to become the 45th,
I posted this video, prematurely on this bloggie.  

I was fighting Stage 4 prostate cancer at that time, far away from home and family, in Fort Smith, Arkansas, when this happened.  And I got one very quick comment from a
Zerobama supporter, who laughed and ridiculed me for jumping the gun, announcing Romney's election, and telling me "to hurry up and die from cancer... "




Sorry, dude~   I'm still around, still blogging, about to celebrate my 10th year composing "The Local Malcontent", healthier than ever, and with a beautiful wife
and a baby girl to boot!!  So, 

Happy Days ARE Here Again~!! 



UPDATE, SORT OF~

In doing the internal research for this post, I discovered that just earlier than the Election '12 post, I'd posted about this other great American, the late Cardinals' organist, Ernie Hays,
at his organ again,
playing "Here Comes the King", a familiar song to e.v.e.r.y.
St. Louis Cardinal fan anywhere:  It fits Trump's election too~!

From October 31, 2012, Ernie Hays:




No comments: