Thursday, February 9, 2017

Let Me be the First to Wish You
A Very Merry Christmas, 2017



I used to live in Albuquerque, New Mexico, working for the Bureau of Indian Affairs office there.  And the first winter in my tiny apartment on N.E. Skyline, I put up a little Christmas tree, but I knew that I'd not get back to Oklahoma to be with family and friends.  It did not matter, because Christmas found me, instead~

I was so lonely that winter of 1991 there in Albuquerque--
so lonely and sad, I called the "Dial-A-Prayer" phone number, and heard a message from the Santa Fe, NM Fire Department Chief--- 

an extraordinary message, which warmed my heart then, 25 years ago, and still to this day, I still find it relevant, so loving,
and Share-worthy here.

His message was this::  Why do people extend far warmer expressions of love/cheer/good will around Christmas, than any other days of the year?   And, if people really and truly wished everyone peace and calm, and joy and love,

around Christmas, 

WHY SHOULDN'T that same emotion be extended year round, the other 364 days of the year, as intoned then, on December 21?

As loving, Believing Children of God?  

And so, I'm offering You this Christmas Cheer,
You kids from 1 to 92,
Although it's been said, many times many ways
"MERRY CHRISTMAS To Day~!!"  

I can't emphasize h0w awsome that makes me feel...  Try It~~!

No comments: