Tuesday, July 18, 2017

"It Was the Russians, Again"

    Why doesn't anything like this,
packaged Italian sausage falling from the sky,
onto a Florida home, ever happen to me?

Lovingly lifted from ClickOrlando(dot)Com, this tasty surprise:

15 pounds of frozen Italian sausage
crashes on Florida family's roof


DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. - A South Florida family is perplexed after recently waking up to a loud thud, only to find that the mysterious sound was several packages of frozen Italian sausage.

"It was like thunder, and it awakened me out of a sleep," Travis Adair said.

Adair said he and his family were awakened Saturday morning by a loud thud on the roof of their Deerfield Beach home.

"We got up, found two packages of sausage on our side yard, and then we were like, 'OK, well, we got to go on the roof and check and see if we find more of this stuff,'" Austin Adair said.

Sure enough, there were three more packages of Italian pork sausage.

A total of 15 pounds of Italian sausage was found in bags marked William Land Service, a land-clearing company in Alabama.

The homeowners were baffled about how the sausage ended up on their roof, so their son, Austin Adair, called the company.

"I called them and the guy had no idea what I was talking about and probably thought I was crazy," Austin Adair said.


I'd be sayin' something like, 
"QUICK, ROBIN, TO THE BAT-BAR-B-QUE~!

3 comments:

McG said...

Why doesn't anything like this, packaged Italian sausage falling from the sky, onto a Florida home, ever happen to me?

Because you don't live in Florida?

The Local Malcontent said...

Oklahoma IS fly-over country, Kevin, unlike Florida and Georgia, which are fly-to states.

Where do I place my order for 15 pounds of sliced, lean Black Angus beef to be dropped onto your roof there in Newnan, and I'll anticipate a bushel of peaches to crash my roof here in Poteau, LOL

*& btw, I would send you some tasty, lean B.A. beef...,
you're a great friend

McG said...

I could try to send you peaches, but Mrs. McG would probably make a cobbler out of them before I got them packed and ready to ship. As for dropping beef on this house, I'm not sure how much of it would make it through the trees.

But it's a kind thought you're having for us here in Cow-Eater County.