Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Carpenter's Tribute to
Your Local Malcontent: "Close To Me"



Here are the song's secret love-lyrics to me, straight from Karen Carpenter:

Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time I am near?
Just like you, they long to be
Close to me

Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time I walk by?
Just like you, they long to be
Close to me

On the day that I was born the angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in my hair of gold and starlight in my eyes of blue

That is why all the girls in town
Follow me- - all around
Just like you, they long to be
Close to me

On the day that I was born the angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in my hair of gold and starlight in my eyes of blue

That is why all the girls in town
Follow Me~! all around
Just like you, they long to be
Close to ME....

Just like you, they long to be
Close to Me....




Today is my 48-1/2th birthday, July 11, 2017!~!

© The Local Malcontent, 07/17

No comments: